Friday 5 July 2013

One Week To Go!

And so the countdown begins...

Considering there is only one week to go until my trip, I feel relatively organised and I am really starting to get excited! I have been doing a lot of research on the country and I know where I would like to visit and what I want to see when I am out there!

I have also started to learn the basics of the Thai language, thanks to YouTube and many iPhone apps, but knowing how to say 'how are you' and 'don't worry' is only going to get me so far! So I think I need to make a bit more progress on the language front.

The only thing left to sort out is obtaining my DBS certificate and buying my insurance. With regards to insurance, there are so many different companies and types of cover that finding a suitable one is a lot of effort, but it is my aim to do that today :)

I have made a two A4 long page checklist of everything that I need to take with me and I am slightly concerned that it's not all going to fit in my 23kg allowance but I am a self-confessed over packer; maybe I need someone to help me cut down on all my junk....maybe I don't need six nail varnishes...

Getting my visa from the Thai embassy in London on Tuesday made it all seem very real, but at the moment I feel organised and prepared so that can only be a good thing. I reckon I'm going to spend the next week seeing friends and family and making the most of good old English food before it is all unobtainable!

Lastly, I am really looking forward to teaching children. Having learnt more about what is required of us and our duties, I realise that it is going to be a huge challenge but an amazing one at that. What we will learn and the experiences we will have are going to be hugely invaluable and a fantastic learning curve which will undoubtedly benefit us ETA's in the future.

Countdown: 6 days to go

 


No comments:

Post a Comment