Sunday 23 June 2013

Post Pre-departure Meeting

So I went to the pre-departure meeting on Thursday and it left me feeling..

  1. Excited - Being told more about what we are going to be doing in Thailand as an ETA was great. It was interesting to hear from previous ETA's and their experiences and reassurance that we will, in fact, arrive back in one piece! Something else that made me feel this way was learning about how we will spend our weekends. Every weekend is spent travelling around Thailand, seeing all the different sights, like the palaces, temples and islands. Having travelled to Thailand, I saw a fair few tourist attractions however I think it will be great to have 2 months in order to see much more of the beautiful country.
  2. Overwhelmed - We were given a huge amount of information; facts about Thai culture, what our role entails as an ETA, what not to do whilst you're there, information from the British Embassy and the Foreign Office and we heard about an ETA's previous experience. 
  3. Proud - Being at the meeting made me feel extremely proud to be part of the 'Teaching English in Thailand' scheme. Only 220 students in the UK were selected to teach English to Thai school children out of thousands, thus I realised what a great opportunity I have been given.
  4. Motivated - Lastly, the meeting left me feeling motivated. Motivated to start learning Thai, motivated to get organised for my trip and motivated to make sure that I have a great experience and that I truly make the most of it.
Countdown: 18 days to go 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment