Monday 2 September 2013

End of week 7 - Ubon Ratchathani

I can't believe it is the end of week 7 - I never thought I would make it this far! I have enjoyed teaching so much this week, it has been a real pleasure to work with the students. I have been teaching them all about school; school actions (sit down, stand up etc), school equipment and school activities. It seems to have really helped with communication in the classroom, even though my classes are just like a long, enthusiastic game of charades!
 
One thing I will miss about my time in Prasong school is definitely how great the students are. I have never had a class that I have not laughed in; even when I have had a bad day, the students cheer me up just by being their crazy selves, usually shouting out in the corridor "I love you Holly teacher!" They show so much respect and admiration for their teachers, and, at the same time, they are cheeky and chat to you like they are your friends. I never thought I would connect so much with the students; I will miss them all...even the ones who crawl around the classroom pretending to be buffalos and the ones who make paper glasses out of my worksheets.

This weekend, I went to Ubon Ratchathani. It was a really relaxed weekend; we went looking around the malls in the city, we went to a market, out for dinner, did more shopping in a huge night market and then for drinks later that night. It felt strange being my last weekend Thailand, I have been here so long!
 
6/1 students

Playing games with my 6/1 students

My lovely 6/2 class
 
My cheeky 1/1 students
 







 


No comments:

Post a Comment