Tuesday 3 September 2013

End of week 8 - Bangkok

I can't quite believe it is the last week in Thailand already. I thought I would keep things light and fun, with regards to lessons, this week. I decided to teach seasons in England for the main of the lesson and then give the students some tongue twisters to occupy them for the rest of the class. In a way, I wish I had introduced tongue twisters weeks earlier; they are a great way of practising pronunciation and they are a hilarious activity for both the students and I!
 
I am genuinely sad to be finishing teaching in Prasong school. Seeing students learning and engaging with you when you are teaching is one of the most satisfying feelings, to know that you are making a difference (no matter how cheesy it sounds). They really do make my day by smiling at me in the corridor, and shouting out "grus morning holly teacher".
 
Saying goodbyes this week was sad, I have made a great friends here in Na Kae. Considering the language barrier, I didn't think this was possible at the start, but it has been great (with the help of Google translate, charades and a lot of laughs). Despite leaving, pretty much everyone and their dog in Na Kae has added me on Facebook so keeping in touch shouldn't be too difficult!

On Thursday, I had a leaving assembly which was the sweetest thing. I sat on stage and had to say a speech (in broken thai and English!) and each student came up to me one by one and gave me a happiness bracelet. It was such a kind gesture, although it kind of cut off my blood circulation a bit wearing 600 bracelets! They also gave me gifts of teddies, flowers and tshirts which I was not expecting at all. I am so overwhelmed by the kindness of both the students and teachers!
 







No comments:

Post a Comment